Tracking COVID-19 in Lancaster County
LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) -The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department announced on Friday that 168 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lancaster County, bringing the community total to 25,050. The total number of deaths in the community remains at 178.
Visit lincoln.ne.gov/COVID19dashboard access a dashboard that summarizes Lancaster County COVID-19 data. LLCHD also released the following information:
Recoveries: up from 8,464 to 8,622
Weekly positivity rate:
- January 3 through 9: 28.6 percent
- January 10 through 15: 27.8 percent
Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 95 with 66 from Lancaster County (four on ventilators) and 29 from other communities (three on ventilators).
The COVID-19 Risk Dial is in the red position indicating a severe risk of the virus spreading. Residents are advised to follow these recommendations to protect themselves and others:
- Stay at home unless traveling for work, school, food or medical care or to check on others who may need assistance.
- Work from home if possible.
- Wear a face mask when interacting with anyone outside of your household.
- Stay at least six feet away from anyone outside of your household.
- Avoid gatherings.
- Visit RecoverLNK.com for information on how local businesses are taking precautions to protect employees and customers.
- Follow travel guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, repeated shaking with chills, repeated muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. If you have symptoms, please get tested. Testing is now open to all Lancaster County residents by appointment only.
- Bryan Health: Former Graham Tire Store, northeast corner of 19th and “O” streets. Tests are conducted from 8:45 to 11:15 a.m. Monday and 8:45 to 11:45 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- CHI Health St. Elizabeth: Autumn Ridge Family Medicine, 5000 North 26th St. and Southwest Family Health, 1240 Aries Drive. Call either site to schedule an appointment: Autumn Ridge, 402-435-5300 and South West Family, 402-420-1300.
- Test Nebraska: Gateway Mall, 6100 “O” St., north parking lot of the former Sears store. Tests are conducted from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. For more information, call 402-207-9377.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006.
Copyright 2021 KOLN. All rights reserved.